Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend Happenings



Yesterday I went to Brett's indoor soccer game.  He plays in an adult rec league, and the competition isn't usually very intense.  This game was an exception though, because they were playing against a team of fiesty redheads.  Things really got interesting towards the end of the 2nd half when I saw a group of players slamming each other into the wall, followed by screaming and cursing, and then of course my husband being benched with a yellow card!  In his defense he was only trying to protect his teammate who had been slammed in the back one to many times, but I just had to smile, because all of Brett's competitive spirit comes out whenever he's on the field.:)  


Then it was on to the annual Rosen Halloween party.  Brett's mom goes all out for every holiday, and Halloween is no exception.  The house was decorated to the max, and there were lots of fun games for the grandkids.  It's always fun to see them all dressed up, and I can't help but be excited for when we'll have a little one to dress up as well.  Here's a picture of them in their Halloween finest, and one of Brett enjoying the witch's cauldron.  

Our day was bookended by another soccer game, this time Real Salt Lake playing Colorado for a spot in the playoffs.  For those who don't know we are huge RSL fans and in the few years the team has existed, it hasn't made the playoffs.  All we needed was to tie the game, and we would be in.  It didn't seem possible, especially after we were denied an obvious penalty kick call, and we had been down 1-0 most of the game, but in the 90th minute we scored!  It was so exciting, and hopefully we can get tickets to see the 1st playoff game in our brand new stadium this coming Saturday.  

This morning Brett and I spoke in church.  He loves to speak in public and was excited to do so.  Me, not so much.  I hadn't spoken in church in about 4 years, nor has it ever been one of my favorite things to do.  I was worried I would be too sick to pull it off, since this baby seems to like to make me feel sick and dizzy in the mornings, but I made it through my five minutes without throwing up or fainting, so that's a relief.  I did however cry through the most of it, which is very uncharacteristic of me.  Brett got up next and made everyone laugh when he explained how my tears were due to the pregnancy, which I like to blame everything on, and that I have a free pass for the next six months.  He did a great job with his talk, and it was nice to have his parents there to watch.  Especially since his dad nearly got a speeding ticket on the way over.  Thankfully the nice cop decided to give him a warning if he promised to slow down.:)

11 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats on getting through your talks! I am shocked that you cried!

Lizzy said...

man, i always cry when i speak! i'm such a baby. it's also been quite a while for me since i've spoken in church though. (ahhh, hope i didn't just jinx myself...)

anyway, congrats on the new blog. very festive :)

Andy said...

Betty and I are very proud of you guys for finally giving in and starting your own blog. It brings back lots of good memories to hear about Brett losing his temper in soccer games. Keep it up Bert and go RSL!

Sarah said...

pregnancy is definately an excuse for crying! I am excited to have another blog to check in on. Maybe someday I will have a blog.

Julie said...

I'm glad you guys have your own blog now. It will be so fun to keep updated!

Lisa said...

B-rett and Kari... I am so excited you have a blog! Now we have a new way to keep in touch. Although, we should probably hang out in person, now that it is possible, proximity-wise.

Tanei Atagi said...

Talking in church is always exciting, you really could have wowed the crowd if you had fainted. You didn't want to take a hit just for entertainment's sake? Kari, are you sure you're committed?

Creepy background! Hope you start feeling better soon!

Dave and Katie Anderson said...

Kari - I finally found your blog! I don't know why I had problems getting in before. It seems like you and Brett are doing great! Are you guys still in the Midwest? If so we should plan a road trip to visit each other.

ROSENFAM said...

Yay! So excited you finally have a blog! Glad it's you speaking in church and not us. Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!!

Lisa said...

I didn't know that you had a blog. I saw the link on Matt & Karissas page. I was so excited when I heard you guys are going to have a baby. Kari how far along are you?

Matt & Heidi said...

Hey man - nice blog. It's good to catch up on what you're doing. Ours is www.4methisisheaven.blogspot.com

Take it easy,
Maxi