Wednesday, December 3, 2008

IT'S A BOY!






Today was the big day...the 18 week ultrasound.  I drank a Dr. Pepper with lunch just to give they baby a little caffeine boost, so it would be sure to move around for us.  I really don't think that was necessary though, because he was moving around so much the ultrasound tech had to follow him all over my belly just to get the pictures she needed!  It was so amazing to see his heart pumping, his stomach full of fluid, his spine, face, arms, legs, hands, and feet...and of course a clear shot letting us know that he is definitely a boy.:)  I already knew he was an active baby, because he started kicking me for the first time on Sunday (another amazing feeling, by the way) and it was so strong that Brett could feel it too.  That's our little soccer player!  His size is right on track for 18 weeks, and his heartbeat was normal at 150.  They gave us a few of the pictures on a cd, so I'll post those, along with a picture of my (small) baby bump.  It's so exciting to be able to call the baby a "he" instead of an "it" now, and to finally be able to start shopping!  We have absolutely ZERO ideas for boy names, so we'll have to get started on that as well.

12 comments:

Ryan & Monica said...

Wow Kari, that is so amazing- I am so happy for you! ... I'm sure you will have fun picking out a boy name ;) ... I can't wait to see more pictures!

Brooke said...

Congrats!!!! I am so excited for you guys! Thanks for posting the pictures!

Kristen said...

He's a cutie already! Thanks for the pics. I can't believe I was actually right about it being a boy! Well...I guess there was a 50/50 chance, right? : )

Lizzy said...

Congrats! You barely look prego with that mini baby bump!! How cute are you!? I'm gonna make a list of boy names to forward on right away... :)

-- Albert and Jenni -- said...

Yay! We are excited for you!

p.s. I like the Dr. Pepper technique.

Julie said...

hooray! we're so ecited for you guys. I can't believe you're that far along already...you're TINY! Congrats again and good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!

Tara said...

Congrats

Lisa said...

Congrats on your little soccer player! Kari you look great! You are hardly even showing. I hope you have fun shopping. I love shopping for baby clothes. It is really easy to find cute things.

Andy said...

Way to pass down that Y chromosome Bert.

Lindsay said...

Congrats! Boys are the best we are so excited for you!
Love,
Paul and Lindsay

Wendy said...

You're a skinny 18 weeks! Congrats!

Lisa said...

This is so exciting, I bet B-rett already bought him a soccer ball.