Saturday, January 31, 2009

January


I can't believe another month is coming to a close. A couple of weeks ago we attended the open house at the new LDS temple in Draper, UT. It was so beautiful! All of the art and woodwork inside was gorgeous and I would encourage anyone in town who hasn't been yet, to go check it out. Our big baby purchases this month were the "travel system" (stroller and carseat), and the bedding for the crib. The travel system was on sale, plus we had a coupon, so that was a good deal. Then we got extremely lucky on the bedding because it went on clearance and we saved a TON of money on that! I wanted to set it all up to take a picture, but my practical husband convinced me to leave it in the packaging so it won't get dusty.:) Yesterday was my birthday, which unfortunately means I am now 28. It also means that Brett will be teasing me for the next 2.5 months that I am older than him, until his birthday rolls around. I spent the past week in Houston for work, but my flight got in yesterday in time for a birthday dinner at Blue Iguana downtown. He actually gave me my present a month ago (a new Coach purse), so I've been putting that to use for a while now.:) We also celebrated with the Rosens before I left town, so last night was pretty low-key. We did come home and spend some time enjoying our new Wii and Wii Fit though, because that's always a good time. I mean, watching a woman who is 6 months pregnant do the hula hoop...how can that not be entertaining?! Speaking of the pregnancy, I really feel like I have exploded in size this last week. I seem to get bigger by the day now, so I'm posting a week 26 picture to illustrate the change from last month. My skin feels so stretched already, I can't even imagine what it will be like in another 3 months. I'm giving my belly button another week or so before I think it will transition to an "outtie". The baby, who Brett is currently calling "mini-me" since he refuses to tell me if his favorite name is the same as my favorite, is still very active. In addition to all the kicking and moving around he usually gets the hiccups once or twice a day now too. I am very excited to be entering the third trimester in a few days. Two friends have had babies in the last week, which makes me anxious for it to be our turn. Anyway, I think that is all the news for now. I was hoping to have fun Texas pictures to post from my trip, but we never really made it downtown so I didn't take any. Maybe next time I'll have something other than just my growing belly for everyone to look at.

7 comments:

Katie said...

You are looking great. I love the pregnant belly pics especially since I can't see you in person! I also wish I could see the hula hooping in person!

Wendy said...

That is one HUGE belly!

Ryan & Monica said...

You look beautiful! and it sounds like you had a great month! Happy belated birthday :)

Brooke said...

Happy Belated birthday too!!! I was just looking at my calendar and said, "oh dang it!!!" Sorry I missed it! You look great!!! I love the prego pictures, how cute!!!

Kristen said...

you're such a cute preggo , sis.... : )

Lizzy said...

man i wish i could see you in person. i can not believe that i am going to miss this whole cute belly stage!!! you look great.

Steph said...

Nice baby bump. Well done.