Thursday, January 8, 2009

















This has been such a fun week!  Yesterday was our 3 year wedding anniversary.  It's funny to think how this time last year we were on a cruise ship in the middle of the Caribbean, and just a year later our day was all about the baby.  Not to mention that yesterday was sunny and about 20 degrees warmer than our wedding day.:)  We started our day with another ultrasound, and it was so different from the last one!  Even though the baby was kicking me from the moment I woke up in the morning, he had apparently fallen asleep by the time we arrived at the doctor's office.  We tried every trick in the book for a good 40 minutes to get him to wake up and move around, but he was either really sleepy or being really stubborn.  We did get to see just how flexible he is...he was laying there completely folded in half with his toes behind his head and his nose to his knees!  He also gave us a big yawn while we were watching him...cutest thing ever.  Brett surprised me by picking up the crib from the store (we bought it last month, but hadn't brought it home yet) and staying up late to set it up after I had gone to bed.  I came home from work to discover it all set up in the nursery and I was so excited.  So now our new rocking recliner has company, although we still have a long way to go in getting things set up for the baby.  After our anniversary dinner, we actually went to Babies R Us to look at all the things we need, and it was pretty overwhelming.  So if anyone has advice on what kind of bottles or diapers or whatever else we should be getting, feel free to share!

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Love the crib and LOVE the chair. I'm jealous...I want one too!

In regards to diaper recommendations...I'm a pampers swaddler girl myself, always thought they worked better and were softer than the other brands ( and good for sensitive skin)

But I've found most people are pretty loyal to one brand or the other so you might find you like something completely different! : )

Katie said...

I also love the crib! Now you'll have to decide the bedding you want! Or do what we did and have absolutely no nursery theme!

Beth said...

I am up in the air for tiny diapers, but I love Costco diapers for later. As for wipes, Target Brand has the best wipes. They have a great cloth texture (much better than the expensive brands) and I like the scent. They are the best. The crib looks great. I can't wait to see the rest of the room!

Lizzy said...

First off - Happy Anniversary! It's crazy how time flies...

I also LOVE the crib.

BTW - Have you guys decided on a name yet?

Brooke said...

Diddo...Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 3 years. I am so excited for you and Brett on your way to Parenthood!!! The crib looks great! I can't wait to meet the little guy!

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love your new crib. How fun that Brett set it up and suprised you. We have an ultrasound like that of Halle. She had her leg up by her head.

Deters said...

Hey guys, we just found your blog. Congrats on the boy soon to come! I also love the pampers swaddlers. They just are the softest ones out there. As far as the nursery goes you could start by picking an accent color that you like and go from there or find a theme like jungle or farm and the rest will just follow naturally. It's so much fun picking out a nursery! Good luck deciding on a name!