Friday, February 27, 2009

30 weeks and counting




Wednesday I hit the 30 week mark, which means I'm 75% through the pregnancy...yay! The next 10 weeks can't go fast enough, as far as I'm concerned. This whole having a big belly thing isn't exactly comfortable, and of course I'm very excited to meet the little guy and have an extended break from work. Speaking of work, Brett has had a very busy month. He works with the Skyline swim team, and their girls recently finished first at State. He's also been spending 3 nights a week training the Brighton boys soccer team, so I haven't seen a whole lot of him. He's a hard worker though, and I'm grateful. With the new presidential administration there are plenty of changes coming down the pipeline at the VA, so I come home from work exhausted most days anyway. We did find time for one home improvement project this month. Our custom curtains finally arrived for the sliding glass door in the kitchen, but hanging them posed a bit of a problem. The rod we purchased turned out to be too long, so our brother-in-law Albert was kind enough to bring his tools over one evening to help us find a solution. He and Brett exercised their handyman skills, learning a lot along the way, and ended up doing a great job. I think that pretty much sums up the month of February for us. Enjoy the pictures!

6 comments:

Deters said...

Kari you look great! I actually think that your belly looks rather small for 30 weeks. But that's a good thing. I'm sure your perfectly uncomfortable the way you are :)

Brooke said...

I love your belly! How cute are you! I am excited to see you and the little guy in a couple months! The house looks good! Don't you love it when your man get's all handy...it's so Mmmmmm...Diirrrrttttyyyyyy! (Ahh, back to the good ol' days).

Katie said...

First of all, b-rooke is out of control. And second, your belly is getting bigger but it is still pretty little. You're lookin' good.

Ryan & Monica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan & Monica said...

You look perfect! I can definitely tell you got a little bigger from the last picture, but not too much:)I can't believe you only have a few more weeks left! They will go by so fast ... yahoo:) Oh, and the curtains look beautiful, they accent the floors perfectly. It looks like things are coming together pretty well!! ... Ok, now I can't wait to baby shop for you! hehe :)

Lizzy said...

Leave it to Brooke.

Kari, you look so great! I can't believe I haven't been able to see your cute lil belly in person!