Sunday, April 5, 2009

one month from tomorrow...

This has been a whirlwind week.  It started on Monday with my first baby shower, hosted by Brett's Aunt Marilyn.  


Then on Tuesday, we spent most of the day at the hospital, where Brett had hernia surgery.  As if that wasn't enough excitement for one day, I also had a baby shower that afternoon, hosted by my co-worker.  

On Wednesday I had my 35 week check-up, which was uneventful but awesome, because I learned I haven't put on any more weight in the last two weeks.  Thursday afternoon brought the delivery of our final piece of nursery furniture...the changing table.  This was especially exciting since we had it special ordered, but RC Willey lost it the first time around and no one was sure if the re-order would arrive in time!  Also on Thursday I had my first taste of false labor.  I worked an extra long day and stopped by the grocery store on the way home, only to be interrupted with contractions.  They were not at all pleasant, even though every book I've read says they are supposed to be pain-free.  I made it home, and had to rest on the couch drinking water for half an hour before they subsided enough to allow me to make dinner.  Kind of exciting though!  Brett's brother and his family flew in from Arizona on Friday, so we've enjoyed getting to spend some time with them this weekend.  We rounded out the week with a third and final baby shower on Saturday, this time hosted by my sisters-in-law at Brett's parents' house.





I'm so thankful for everyone that worked to put these showers together for me, because they were all so much fun, and we got lots of cute stuff for baby Chase.  And many thanks to everyone who came, despite the April snowstorm!  I plan to spend this week getting stuff organized in the nursery because at this point, I'm ready whenever Chase is!  Anyway, the busy week is behind us, and Brett is recovering well from his surgery.  Poor guy even shoveled snow in our driveway yesterday!  Hopefully the spring snow is over and the warm weather will finally take it's place.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Way to rake it in. Glad B-rett is ok. Sounds like Chase is getting ready to make his way into this world!

Brooke said...

How exciting! I can't wait to meet the little guy! It sounds like you have it all together! I would like to request a text picture message of the little guy when he gets here...If it's possible, please send me one!!! :-)

Kristen said...

Yay for baby showers!! You look great by the way. : ) Glad the water helped. I can't believe Brett was out shoveling ( 1. because it's crazy that there was enough snow to actually shovel and 2. because he just had surgery!)

Well I think you both deserve some time to put up your feet and rest! Little Chase will be here before you know it : )

Lizzy said...

looks like all the showers went well. what a busy week. seriously wish i could have been there! glad that tanei, lini, and sarah could go though.

you look fabulous! glad to hear brett is recoving well too. what a trooper with the shoveling, but tell that boy to take it easy!

Deters said...

What a crazy week. I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery now. And of the baby too of course but that will probably be a little while still.