Sunday, May 17, 2009

the first 2 weeks






I feel like it's been one very long day ever since we brought Chase home, and yet the time has flown by. We're still trying to get used to not sleeping for more than an hour at a time around the clock, but I do think we're lucky because Chase is a very good baby. My parents and sister came to visit us during our first week home, so Chase has had plenty of attention and hundreds of pictures taken of him! I enjoyed celebrating my first Mother's Day with beautiful flowers from Brett, and we even made it to church. Chase has also been out to dinner in downtown SLC, to the grocery store, and to a bbq. He loves to sleep in the car so as long as the trips aren't longer than his feeding schedule allows for, he does very well. We had a bout with jaundice at first, so he had to sleep on a bili-bed for two days and get his heel pricked at the hospital five days in a row, but even that didn't make him cry. At his first doctor's visit on Friday he was up to 7 lbs. 11 oz. and 21 inches. The heel prick that time didn't go quite as well, and watching his eyes well up with tears was completely heartbreaking. So despite all the laundry caused by him peeing on anything and everything, the hundreds of diapers we've changed, the pain of nursing a "biter" every other hour, and the spit-up all over our furniture, I'm completely in love with this little guy who melts my heart every time he looks at me with his big blue eyes, or pulls a face so I can see his little dimple, or curls up in his little "froggy" position and falls asleep in my arms.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

How adorable! Kari and B-rett good job, he is SO cute! I can't wait to meet the little guy! I have been wondering how you guys have been, so thanks for the post.

Lizzy said...

He IS so adorable!! I love his lil Sunday outfit! Give him a big kiss from Auntie Lizzy - can't wait to meet him. Miss you!

Lisa said...

He is so sweet! I am glad things are going so well. The getting no sleep thing is normal. Hang in there it does get better. It was fun seeing more pictures.

Katie said...

I love him. I totally think he looks like B-rett and I am so ready to meet him! Hope that you get a little more rest here soon!

Julie said...

oh he is so handsome! congrats you guys!

Lindsay said...

I love the little picture of him looking oh so tiny in his super cute sweater vest!!!

Dave and Katie Anderson said...

Chase is so cute! Congrats you guys. I'm glad he's been a good baby and that you guys are enjoying being parents. Enjoy every minute you have with him because it does fly by. I'm shocked that Mark is already 4 1/2 months old! It feels like just yesterday I was taking him home from the hospital. Good luck you guys and we'll look you up next time we're in Utah!