Monday, July 6, 2009

2 months and flying






Chase had his 2 month check up today, and those immunizations were as traumatic as I expected...just as much for me as they were for him! Before the terrible shots though we found out that he is up to 11 pounds and 24 inches. In the last week Chase has really started to make lots of fun noises, and he has little "conversations" with us all the time. Plenty of cooing and smiling and even a few giggles. This cute stage started just in time for our trip to Missouri. I was stressed out about taking him on a plane by myself, but he really did pretty good. It was still an adventure for me, especially the part where I had to change a messy diaper on my lap, but we survived. We had a great visit in Independence, and Chase was finally introduced to his cousin Aubrey, Uncle Steve, Uncle Jason, and Aunt Crystal. I think everyone had a fun time playing with him, especially Grandpa and Grandma Kent.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Way to get through your first plane ride! Chase is turning into more of a baby! And I love your mom's hair...new bangs?

Julie said...

I hate having to be there while they're in pain from their shots! It never gets easier either. He's so cute!

Brooke said...

So cute, i was just thinking of you guys today so I am glad you did a new post!

Kristen said...

love the pics...you're faster than I am. I'm getting ours together and I'll send them soon : )

We miss him already!

Scott and Heidi Family said...

Brett--I just found your blog on the reunion site! This is Heidi (Kirch). I haven't seen you in a decade. It's so fun to see your cute family! I can't believe you're a Dad. I have two little ones myself. Isn't that bizarre. He's a cutie. Hope you're going to the reunion!

Lisa said...

I am glad yout got to fly out and see your family. Traveling on a airplane with a baby can be crazy. I flew a lot across the country when Parker was a baby. Chase is getting so big and is still as cute as ever!