Thursday, December 10, 2009

November/7 months old

Well, another month has flown by, and now Christmas is just around the corner. We've been busy the last few weeks. Thanksgiving weekend was full of family time with the Rosens, including the reunion of all 7 cousins (and 2 on the way). Chase's new best friend is his cousin Cole; they are pretty cute to watch together. Chase also got his 2nd tooth, so he was a bit whiny over the holiday, but all in all did fine. That Saturday he got all decked out in his Utah gear only to be disappointed when my Cougars claimed the victory at the all important rivalry game. Brett and Chase were definitely outnumbered by BYU fans this year, but Chase still looked dang cute as a Ute fan. His favorite things to do right now are spin on his tummy, crawl backwards, pull up to standing using anything in sight, and cruise around the crib. Needless to say we had to lower his mattress, and we ended up taking off the bumpers too after he tried to pull up holding on to them and ended up bonking his mouth on the edge pretty hard. I'm trying to get used to the fact that there are going to be lots of "bonks" coming in the next few months as he learns to walk, so thankfully he doesn't cry too much when he gets hurt. He's also developed a bit of separation anxiety whenever Brett or I are out of sight. He loves to eat oatmeal, bananas, and veggies, as well as gnaw on teeth crackers. Last weekend Brett ran in a 50 mile relay with some friends down in St. George, so we took our first road trip as a family. I was pleasantly surprised on the way down, because Chase played or slept for 3 of the 4 hours, although he cried for the remainder of the time. The way back was the exact opposite, with a good 3 hours worth of screaming. He's not exactly fond of his car seat these days, no matter how many toys are attached or who's sitting next to him! Brett did great on his run, and I had fun hanging out with my good friend Brooke. We stayed with Brooke and her husband Ryan, and really appreciate them sharing their home with us. Chase did a pretty good job of sleeping in his pack & play down there, so that gives me hope for our trip to Missouri later this month. So far this month I've dealt with a really bad cold and a really painful root canal, so I'm looking forward to being healthy for Christmas at least, and I certainly can hardly wait for a whole week off work! The 4 day weekend I had for Thanksgiving really spoiled me; it was wonderful to get to spend so much time in a row with Chase and Brett. Anyway, here are a few pictures of my little turkey:



3 comments:

Katie said...

I think Chase looks soo much like B-rett in that first pic!

Lizzy said...

ummm... he's totally playin that piano - that's awesome. i love the turkey bib. you are WAY better about the photo ops than we have been. i need to get more on the ball.

Kristen said...

Um...I just want to eat him up in that turkey picture! I can't WAIT to see him!