Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

It's Chase's first Easter, and we woke up to a blanket of freshly fallen snow. Not exactly a picture of spring, but still beautiful. This has been an interesting week. Chase turned 11 months old on Monday and celebrated by popping his 5th tooth. Then in the wee hours of Wednesday morning he spiked a really high fever which lasted through Friday, so we had a miserable couple of days. That was the first time he's ever had a fever like that (I know, we've been lucky) and it scared me to death. Thankfully it went away without any further complications. When I took him in to the doctor to make sure he didn't have an ear infection or anything, we found out that he's up to 19 pounds. I have to say selfishly that I kind of enjoyed staying home from work with my sick baby because he cuddled on the couch with me and watched American Idol. For a child who is usually always on the go, it was a cherished rarity to sit calmly together. Also, this kid really loves music; he stared at the singers intently while they performed and then clapped for them when they were done. He did the same thing for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir this morning, too. I am glad he's feeling better though, and looking forward to (hopefully) getting more sleep in the upcoming nights. Friday night we had the annual Rosen family Easter egg hunt and Chase was happy to participate. He didn't really understand that he was supposed to find his eggs, but he carried that basket around like a pro. I think his favorite part was eating the chocolate covered marshmallow bunny he found inside one of them. He certainly likes his chocolate, and also developed a taste for strawberries and pulled pork this weekend (not together, of course). Here are some pictures/videos of our Easter fun...



Mmmm...chocolate.


I love strawberries!

Who wants baby food, when you can have Mom's sandwich?



5 comments:

Kristen said...

ok, I am sooo in love with him! He looks so tiny to be walking around like that. What a cutie pie. He looks so grown too with those teeth! I can't believe it. I really need to see him before he changes any more!

Beth said...

Mason likes watching Chase movies, he keeps grapping the screen. he is a cutie! Can't wait to play with you guys more!

Katie said...

He is the sweetest. And your hair is soo long!

Lizzy said...

Ok, that last picture is so cute! He's like "Awww, Mom, come on... I'm busy here" Ha, I love it.

We go to the doctor next week for Bryce's 6 month visit. I'm interested to see how close his weight is to Chase's.... I swear they're like the same size!

Gwynevere said...

So cute! I love Chase walking around with that basket. I'm off in June so hopefully I can come up for a visit and see that cutie in real life!

xooxoxo