Tuesday, June 15, 2010

San Diego!













We went to California last weekend for my friend Kristina's wedding. I was so excited to take Chase to the beach. The weather disappointed me, but he did not. Despite the cold and wind he ran straight for the ocean, and didn't let those waves stop him. He got knocked down and soaked while fully dressed, but seemed to love it! Everyone on the beach was as entertained as we were. The first time I was ill prepared so he had to ride home in only a diaper and jacket, but the next time I was smarter and brought along a towel and change of clothes. Unfortunately Chase got sick the day before we went, and then Brett caught his cold while we were there, but they were both troopers. And don't worry, we didn't miss any important World Cup games just because we were on vacation! Kristina's wedding and reception were beautiful, and I had so much fun seeing some of my old friends from when I used to live there. I even got to experience my 2nd earthquake...during the reception...on the roof of a tall building downtown! That was memorable. My good friend Lizzy and her family flew in from Texas too, so I finally got to meet her son Bryce. He's about 6 months younger than Chase, but they're basically the same size.:) We came home to meet two new cousins, too. Zach is 8 weeks old but because he lives in Phoenix this was our first time seeing him in person, and then Lucy was born just a few days earlier. They are both so cute and tiny, and it was awesome to get a picture of all 9 Rosen cousins together at last. Chase loved both babies of course, and was not happy with me for keeping him from touching them and sharing his cold germs. He did have fun running around with all the bigger kids though. He's such a social little guy!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Wow, Kristina looked beautiful! And your hair is so long...love it. Sorry that you had sick boys!

Ryan and Monica said...

Yay!!! those pictures came out great :) I love the little video of Chase!!! It was great seeing you guys!!