Saturday, November 20, 2010

FINALLY!

Four and a half months after moving into our new home, we finally have the internet again. Hallelujah! So get ready for picture overload, because there is a lot to catch up on.

We have no idea where he learned this, but Chase now sticks his fingers in his ears whenever I tell him "no", or "don't". Most of the time I can't help but laugh, because he looks so cute!
at the Rosen Halloween party
with Jenni and Lucy the Ladybug
big Elmo, little Elmo, littler Elmo
all 3 Elmos posing together
Happy Halloween!
showing his Cougar pride
My mom came out to visit in October. We had fun just hanging out, and enjoying spending time together with Chase. I'm so glad she was able to make the trip to see us. She'd never seen me pregnant in person before!
Chase loved playing with Grandma
posing with Mom
reading his Spanish/English picture book, and of course sporting a very stylish hat;)
I call it making a mess...Chase calls it cooking.

The time has just been flying by, and Chase is over 18 months old now. He's gone on quite the growth spurt lately, so between that and the change in seasons he's gotten a whole new wardrobe. He loved playing in the year's first snowfall as well as all the leaves that have covered our yard. Halloween was a lot of fun, and Elmo was a big hit trick-or-treating. His vocabulary continues to expand daily, in both English and Spanish. I love that there are a few words that he only says in Spanish, and pretty much never in English...like pan (bread) and jugo (juice). He has such a fun and loving personality, it really is a joy to be around him every single day. We've dealt with a couple of colds already this season, but that hasn't kept him from sleeping 13-14 hours at night, and he's even started taking an afternoon nap again most days, so we're feeling pretty grateful about that.

I, on the other hand, am counting down every day of the 11 weeks that are left in this pregnancy (hopefully less!) just waiting for the day when I won't feel sick anymore. I'm sure Brett is looking forward to that day too, so that he won't have to hear my complaining anymore.:) Still no name for the little guy, but I don't think Chase had one at this point yet either.

We've enjoyed having my sister and her family staying with us this weekend. Chase especially has had a great time playing with his cousins Aubrey and Asher; they're very cute together. My youngest brother Owen is returning from a 2 year LDS mission in Mexico this week, so the whole family is excited about that. We are also looking forward to Thanksgiving, and the Christmas lights that follow. Chase has been going crazy for all the Christmas trees in the stores, so he's absolutely going to love having one at home this year.

I'm sure there will be more to post soon, and now that we have the internet again, hopefully I can be more on top of things so that the catch up won't have to be so lengthy!

3 comments:

Julie said...

oh he was such a cute little Elmo! You're looking darling too with your cute belly. :)

Katie said...

Chase is looking like such a big kid! Hope you guys had a fun weekend!

Kristen said...

I love that little elmo!