Monday, November 29, 2010

Turkey and Snowmen

We had a very nice Thanksgiving with Brett's parents and aunt.  I got to make a few of my favorite side dishes, which is always fun.  Here's how Brett and Chase spent the time before the big meal.  You wouldn't know it by the way Brett is dressed, but it was cold and snowy outside.

They were watching Frosty the Snowman for the zillionth time.  Chase is completely obsessed with that movie (the old school claymation one), and asks for "mo-man" nonstop.  I bought him a little snowman book, and we've read it at least 50 times in the last 3 days.  Grandma Rosen has a bunch of little stuffed snowmen from Hallmark that sing Christmas songs, and he loves to dance along.  The only problem is that then he's disappointed with the stuffed snowmen we have at home, because they don't make any music.  Apparently snowmen are also filling his dreams, because he yelled "snowman!" out during his nap a few days ago.:)




We put up our Christmas tree, and whenever it's lit up he runs into the room waving his arms and yelling "yay, yay, yay, yay, yay!".  I got a cute video of him helping add to the decorations.  I should have taken a close-up picture of the finished product, because all his ornaments ended up in the same spot on the tree.  I made the mistake of calling one of the ornaments a ball, and the next thing I knew he was running with it to his basketball hoop in the family room and dunking it!
It's definitely winter time here in Utah.  We got more than a foot of snow at our house yesterday.  Chase sure likes it, but poor Brett has had to shovel the driveway way too many times in the last 24 hours.  Looks like it will be a white Christmas for sure.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

So cute! I love the snowman "dreams"
... and all the decorations look great : )

Katie said...

I love your Christmas tree...Our ornaments have the same effect...all of them placed about 3 feet up and in one big cluster...oh well...the kids love it so what do I care really?

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, Chase is getting so big!

Such a cute family! Have a great Christmas!