Friday, January 28, 2011

January


I figured I better hurry up and blog a summary of the past month before our lives are turned upside down by Taylor’s arrival!  We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on the 7th.  It was so nice to have a date night, complete with a delicious dinner at Market Street Grill and a movie.  Grandma Diane watched Chase for us, and Brett gave me 2 dozen white roses which were beautiful.  Chase had his first ear infection (ever) this month, but took his medicine like a champ and really only had a couple of whiny days to show for it.  Not bad for going almost two years without one, too.  He’s definitely entering toddlerhood because he loves to show us just how independent he can be.  His favorite thing to do lately is sing songs like Itsy Bitsy Spider, Do As I’m Doing, Rock-a-Bye Baby, and Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, complete with the actions.  It’s pretty cute.  He has so much happy energy all the time, which is great except for when he decides that it means he doesn’t have to sleep for 12 hours at night anymore and resists taking even one afternoon nap.  I started having regular, painful contractions about three weeks ago, so we decided we better kick the baby preparations into high gear in case he decided to come early.  Chase did really well with the transition from crib to bunk bed, so that was a huge blessing.  Sometimes he still cries for a  few minutes and tries to come out of his room, but we just have to hold the door closed until he settles down and climbs back into bed and then he’s good for the rest of the night.  I’m interested (and worried/scared!) to see how his sleep is affected once there’s a baby in the home, waking up at all hours.  Unfortunately my contractions have continued to keep me up at night but they didn’t cause enough progression to get me into active labor, so it’s been a very long month.  I am scheduled to be induced at 39 weeks, which is Sunday the 30th, and also happens to be my 30th birthday.  Hopefully things will go quickly and smoothly.  Brett has been very busy this month with work between swim season and pre-season soccer, and that will continue next month as well, so I am a bit anxious about what life will be like at home with two little ones.  I’ll have 8 weeks off work until I start back part-time for a while, and I’m really looking forward to it.  Check back soon to see how and when we become a family of four!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I still can't believe he has never had an ear infection before! Can't wait for baby Taylor either...one more day! : )

The Hunzikers said...

Can't wait for more news! Good luck!

Jonathon and Gwynevere said...

I keep checking to see if you've changed the blog to Rosen 4.0! So exciting!!!