Saturday, November 5, 2011

10 months in the making

About 2 months before Taylor was born, I decided to make Chase a special quilt to help him transition into a big boy bed the following month.  I spent a lot of time picking out just the right fabric, and as it turns out, a lot of $$ too.  I got some bad advice from the lady at the fabric store about the sizing which made it a much more complicated project than it should have been, and right after I finished tying it, my month of horrible contractions leading up to Taylor's birth started.  So, it has been sitting unfinished for the last 10 months, just waiting for someone to sew the edges.  After all the money and time and thought that had gone into every detail of this project, there was no way I was going to let Chase go through another winter without getting to use it!  Tonight I finally had enough energy after putting the boys to bed (amazing), and enough time between then and when Taylor wakes up for the first time (luckily), to finish it.  My sewing machine didn't cooperate very well, but I'm so glad it's finally done.  Chase is very excited to put it on his bed.  Thankfully he still likes trucks and planes as much as he did last year!  We have a quilt in our house that was Brett's dad when he was a teenager.  I told Brett that I hope this quilt lasts that long, because that's the only way it will be worth all the effort this "simple" project ended up taking!  As with all my sewing projects...don't look too close.:)


4 comments:

Jonathon and Gwynevere said...

Cute...you're so talented!

Katie said...

cute! way to finish it...I have a quilt that I started for Easton's big boy bed that is in pieces still...maybe it will get to be Elliot's quilt?!

Jason and Crystal Kent said...

It is adorable! I love it :)

Kristen said...

That's adorable Kari! And you say you're not crafty...